THE CONSPIRACY BEHIND THE SILENCING OF GOD
- Reading the daily newspaper, sadly, is like reading from the book of Judges
- Judges 2:10; 21:25
- Does this not describe the present United States of America?
- We are living in a “anything goes” society
The dismantling of America’s Christian Heritage is taking place before our very eyes
- This has been taking place for the last 75 years … four generations
- American culture for 185 years was friendly toward Christianity
- America was once considered a Christian nation – but I believe that this is no longer the case
For the last 75 years, the forces of humanism, atheism, evolution, liberalism, pluralism (all religious beliefs tolerated), and “political correctness” have been aggressive in their assault on Christian religion.
- They have gradually dismantled many of the moral and spiritual principles that one characterized our society
- America’s religious, moral, and spiritual foundation is literally disintegrating before our very eyes
We are presently in an all-out, casualty filled, spiritual war
- The central issue of the war is God and the Bible
- Social and political liberals from Hollywood, and even many in our Nation’s Capitol are hostile toward God.
- They are very open about it – we are facing perilous times!
- Thus, the word of the apostle Paul comes to mind – Ephesians 6:10-12
- This conspiracy (to silence God) parades itself under the guise that the Founding Fathers and the Constitution advocated the “separation of church and state”
- They claim that this means that all references to God and Christianity should not be permitted in public settings that are associated with the government, community or schools.
There are many decisions that are being made in our government and in our courts with this philosophical mind set
- No prayer in our schools
- No Ten Commandments
- Bible no – Gays yes
- State Seals – removal of religious symbols
We are being told:
- The constitution enjoins the “separation of church and state” … THIS IS A LIE
- The Founding Fathers desired the acceptance of all religions – Pluralism … THIS IS A LIE
- The Founding Fathers were deists – not Christian … THIS IS A LIE
- The Founding Fathers opposed public expression of Christian religion in government and schools
- This is a lie!
Adolf Hitler said, “By means of shrewd lies unremittingly repeated, it is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell – and hell is heaven. The greater the lie, the more readily it is believed”
The “separation of church and state” is not found in the Constitution – or anything akin to it.
- As a matter of fact, our Founding Fathers wrote/spoke often of God and religion
- If we will read what they said, and not what people said they said, this will become very apparent
- Shouldn’t this be true with regard to the Bible?
- Should we not be more concerned with what God say than man?
- Our Founding Father’s speeches were filled with Scripture
- The Bible is quoted over and over again in Presidential Inaugural Speeches
- Even the Constitution spoke of God and the Bible
As an example, notice George Washington’s Farewell Address…
“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them…Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle”
- George Washington, one of our Founding Fathers, says if you separate the church from the state – you will have national problems
The two indispensable supports to human happiness, political prosperity, and popular government is religion and morality
- If you take religion out it all falls
- That is exactly what see happening in our day!
- Did our Founding Fathers subscribe to Christianity?
- Most definitely!
- Our nation was founded on Christian principles – NOT Judaism – Not Islam
Consider what Noah Webster said…
“In my view the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government, ought to be instructed…No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the right and privileges of a free people”
“Historians are discovering that the Bible, perhaps even more than the Constitution, is our Founding Document” (Newsweek, Dec. 27, 1982 – p. 44)
The Bill of Rights – Amendment I…
“Congress shall make no new law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press; of the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Self-examination and Serious Rededication to God
- Stop allowing culture to influence
- Life is so good that we have become lax
- Many have become desensitized to the evil around them
- Many are ignoring the crisis we face
- Matthew 6:33
- Mark 12:30
Diligent to Dedication to Family
- We must demand that our families straighten up
- Judges 2:10 … apostasy is only one generation away… we are now in our 4th generation of apostasy… 2 Timothy 3:13; Hosea 4:6
- We must take charge of our families
- Genesis 18:19
- We must teach our children the principle found in Deuteronomy 6:24-25
- 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- We must pray:
- Collectively – Prayer Meetings
- It must be sustained (1 The. 5:17)
- Fervent – Intense
- Many say that politics and religion do not mix – HOG WASH
- This is not what our Founding Fathers believed
- Our Nation was founded on Biblical principles
- 2 Chronicles 19:2
- Do we empower the wicked by our lack of participation?
- “All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” (Edmund Burke)
- Who should be selected for political office?
- Exodus 18:21
- Proverbs 29:2, 4
- We decide who our political leaders are:
- Investigate the candidates
- Do not vote based on the budget, the welfare system, tax reform, health care, etc. – We need to be concerned with moral issues!
- Proverbs 14:34
Determine to Steadfast
- America did not get in this fix overnight and it will not be changed overnight
- 1 Corinthians 15:58
- What Makes a Strong Government?
- Economics? Military? Health Care? – NO!
- It is Morality! and The Bible!
- Psalm 33:12-14
- Psalm 33:16-18
- “In God We Trust” must remain the American motto!