Outside a small town in New Mexico is a sign that reads as follows: “Welcome to Portales, New Mexico, home of 12,493 friendly folks and 8 or 10 grouches.”
Isn’t that the way it is everywhere? There are always a few negative folks around to tell you that Murphy’s laws will ruin everything. I like the story about the little boy who was trying to raise some money by collecting old bottles, going door-to-door in his neighborhood. When he came to the home of a woman who was the “town grouch,” the little boy asked, “Do you have any coke bottles?” “No,” she replied with a scowl. Then he said,””Do you have any old whiskey bottles?” “Young man,” the woman replied, “Do I look like the type of person who would have old whiskey bottles?”
The little boy studied her for a moment and then asked, “Well, surely, then, you must have some old vinegar bottles?”
Isn’t it tragic that some people go through life so negative and sour and bitter? And if you don’t watch out, they will infect you with their thinking. How can we live positively in this world where much is discouraging?
How can we develop a positive spiritual outlook? Consider the following:
1) Have unwavering faith in God (Heb. 11:1-6)
2) Be goal oriented (Phil. 3:13-15)
3) Trust in the power of God (Eph. 3:20)
4) Have mountain moving faith (Mt. 17:20)
5) Believe all things work together for good to those who love the Lord (Rom. 8:28)
6) Renew our minds daily (Rom. 12:1-2)
7) Believe that God answers prayers (Jam. 5:16)
8) Have a good self-image (Rom. 8:12-17)
9) Take one day at a time (Mt. 6:34)
Think About It!
Have A Great Day!