A DOZEN REASONS TO ATTEND MID-WEEK BIBLE STUDY
1. I love God and don’t believe He ever asked, “Do I have to send my Son to die for their sins?”
2. Though Jesus prayed for another way, He willingly submitted Himself when his Father said, “You are the only way.”
3. I love my elders and appreciate their wisdom in providing any opportunity for me to grow spiritually.
4. I love my brethren and am always encouraged when I am able to spend time with them.
5. I still have much to learn about the Bible, so my preparations for and participation in class helps me to be more Bible literate.
6. I hate to consider what my brethren would think of me if I willingly absented myself from them.
7. I want everyone to know whose side I’m on, including my spouse, my children, the world and the Devil!
8. I don’t know a single person whom I would consider a dedicated Christian who willingly absents himself from the mid-week Bible study.
9. I can’t think of any good reason that I could give God as to why I shouldn’t attend.
10. I can’t think of a single activity whereby I can be strengthened by God’s Spirit in my inner man than through Bible study and personal devotion.
11. Like most folks, I can always use a “shot in the arm” to strengthen, exhort and invigorate me to finish my week strong so I am ready to assemble again on Sunday.
12. I believe in the presence of God in our assemblies; therefore I want to be where God is!
“Let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works; not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing nigh. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries” (Hebrews 10:24-27).
“If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments” (John 14:15)
Think About It!
Have A Great Day!
P. O. Box 107
Hamilton, Texas 76531